Friday, March 31, 2006

Makin' Pancakes....

Six -year-old Khurram decided one Saturday mornin' to fix his parents Pancakes He found a big bowl 'n' spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard 'n' pulled out the heavy flour canister, spillin' it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk 'n' added some sugar, leavin' a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

He was covered with flour and gettin' frustrated. He wanted this to be somethin' very good for Mom 'n' Dad, but it was gettin' very bad.

He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked!. Suddenly he saw his kitten lickin' from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knockin' the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, gettin' his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then he saw his Mother standin' at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in Khurram's eyes. All he 'd wanted to do was somethin' good, but he 'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scoldin' was comin', maybe even a spankin'. But his Mother just watched him.

Then, walkin' through the mess, she picked up her cryin' son, hugged him 'n'
loved him, gettin' her own dress white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us.. We try to do somethin' good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our family life gets all sticky or we insult a friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anythin' else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop tryin' to "make Pancakes" for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they 'll be glad we tried...

I was thinkin', I wondered if I had any wounds needin' to be healed, friendships that need rekindlin' or three words needin' to be said, sometimes, "I love you" can heal & bless! Remind every one of your friends that you love them. Even if you think they don't love back, you would be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like this can do.

Just in case I haven't told you lately... I LOVE YOU!!! Please say this love to your family, friends, coworkers, others 'n' all.... Suppose one mornin' you were called to God, do all these people know you love them? And never stop "making Pancakes."

*Smiles*
God bless all....

13 Comments:

At March 31, 2006, Blogger Mia said...

Very beautiful story, touching. I can feel your message. Tell you what you can borrow my syrup whenever you want to make pancakes and I'll even help you clean up.
Thank you for being you and making my day brighter.

Peace...Mia The Champ Slayer

 
At April 01, 2006, Blogger Sam!! said...

Hi,

Hope u doing fine there.

Well a very heart touching n nincely described post holding a beautiful message .

U know main thing are intentions, if they r positive n to do any gud work for anyone whether its for Allah, parents, friends or anyone than our true n positive feelings r been coveyed to them no matter we mess up practically.

Takecare,
Samrina

 
At April 01, 2006, Blogger M said...

I CAN GIVE U BIG BEARRRYY HUGS for posting SUCH A cuttee ADORABLE thing! n yea.. n a LOUD screamin... "I LUuuVVVVV uuuUUUU" to all those ppl who've made EVEN the tiniest bit of diff in my lyf(ths post has, so it includes You!)... AND to those who hvnt! :D

*Hugs!*

one more... *HUUGGSS*

HEHE.. alryt.
call me hyper.
buh im Happiiieee <:)

 
At April 01, 2006, Blogger M said...

OH! n a HappiieeEEeee Belated Birthdayyy to da the Most Beautiful Thing tht ever happnd to ur World -- Mum! :D



:( im such lagger behind.

 
At April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, its true God always love us but its just us who try our best to make him angry. He loves us.

 
At April 02, 2006, Blogger sumaiya bhad said...

thanks for your comments. its helped me .

 
At April 02, 2006, Blogger Brighton said...

I'm more of a waffle gal...
: )

 
At April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great post you have here. Thanks for sharing it.

 
At April 03, 2006, Blogger meshwork said...

a beautiful post...:)

 
At April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we must be dependent on God -- for the believers everyone who reads this nods his/her head, but for non-believer they probably only smile but think it's a bullshit or that God doesn't exist at all, but I am a believer so therefore I said everything's in God's hands -- and well, it's difficult for me to say 'i love you' if it's not my boyfriend but I do show my love to the offline people around by doing ... it's always been like that in me, especially if it's about my family, I care for them :)

 
At April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well you know that I have been away from home working the past 3 days so I haven't had the chance to tell you in the past 72 hours.So I will tell you now to make up for it....I LOVE YOU !

 
At April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what????

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At April 17, 2006, Blogger sadiq said...

al hamdu lillah.

wal hamdu lilummuk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home