Sunday, March 12, 2006

Basant in Pakistan.


As you all know that right now I'm visitin' Lahore, which is Cultural Capital of Pakistan. I'm here to enjoy Basant (kite flyin' festival). In other words it's all about alot of music, alot of Dance, alot of Tasty food, alot of colors (specially yellow) 'n' alot of Kite flyin'. People from all over the world 're visitin' here to celebrate it.


Pakistani girls in special pose for Basant pics, though guys behind them 're not lettin' any chance go to peek in. A drummer in yellow shirt is beatin' Pakistani drum (dool).


Two(2) Pakistani girls 're goin' crazy flyin' kite though behind them Drum is bein' druged.


Cathy is visitin' from Ireland, Dancin' with Paki music in Paki dress.


If you zoom into this pic, you can see hundrd of Kites flyin' in the sky.


Roof was decorated with such huge flood lights, to enjoy Night time Kite Contest.


Girls 'n' guys standin' under Flood lights, after losein' the contest lookin' at their Kite.


A Japanies girl, tryin' her best to fly the kite in Lahore Golf Cor. I took group of my Foreign friends to Golf Cor, to enjoy more freely.


Kim from England, who won Non-Pakistani Kite Contest.


Canadian group enjoyin' Spring season, they were fed up of snow. LOL!


My friend Ali, showin' me Dance Step, Paki Dance is called Bhangra.


Sky full of Kites.


Kite Contest 4 on 2. These four(4) Paki guys srounded by two(2) Paki girls, and these girls won it.


Girls performin' Bhangra dance for Basant.


Foreign 'n' Paki girls 'n' guys, together in Bhangra.


Chinies girl Li Xiauan, dressin' Paki way to enjoy Bhangra on Basant.


Can you see all these Chicken? No no! I didn't eat them alone. It's Lahore Food Street, where you can find Best Tasty Paki food. Yum Yum. We ate Charga (Paki Chicken), Palao (Chicken Rice) 'n' Taka Tak (Mutton). Best Taste.


Fireworks on Basant night that I saved in my Cell phone. So I enjoyed alot 'n' had so much fun, tomorrow I'm goin' back home. Hope you all enjoyed the pics 'n' you all 're part of my Prayers.

God bless all......

13 Comments:

At March 12, 2006, Blogger Diana Sahu said...

Great colourful blog. specially i liked the picture of the lahore food street. brought water into my mouth. keep blogging.
Cheers!

 
At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy.....Basant Day............................

Pictures are undoubtly great...... did you took all these snaps..... great..

 
At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay pictures......their dresses look so pretty...hmmm ok the dance looks fun now that your friend has shown you......you will have to teach me now.....lol.....it all looks so nice I am so happy that you are having a great time ..have a safe trip home...God bless you

 
At March 12, 2006, Blogger j said...

looks like a great time! have a safe trip home :).

 
At March 12, 2006, Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Wow, I love all those bright beautiful pics. looks like you are having a great trip!

 
At March 13, 2006, Blogger M said...

omg!

Desi maza.. i can almost taste it sittin in my room. mmmmh.. tht charga got my mouth waterin! lollz.. i hvtn been to lhr for basant.. infact i hvnt bin to pak for basant at all, yet.. we put up fests here in dubai n try n bring tht desiness to it, but apna des toh apna des hai damnit... im glad u had a rockin tym thru basant! :)

...ciao!

 
At March 13, 2006, Blogger Mia said...

Nice pics. Love the fire works it's a weakness with me. Glad you had fun.

 
At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... you're all over the world! :)

 
At March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks yaar, these are beautiful. You did not tell that you ate Samosas. lol

 
At March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like charga too...:)...food rocks in lahore...hope u went to Bandu Khan ..thats a nice place to eat...hey don't you have pics of yourself flying a kite etc...these pics are borrowed from the net or something...oh well...but thanks for sharing and coming around :)

 
At March 15, 2006, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Awesome pics! Wow your cell phone takes good photos too. Thanks for sharing, I didn't know about this kite flying festival!!

 
At March 15, 2006, Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

NO ONE _ I took these pics with my own T9 Cam. And few of them with my cell phone. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

 
At March 16, 2006, Blogger Brighton said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home