Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Birth place 'n' Bhangra...

Those of you who know me very well, they know that I was born in Pakistan. Since my childhood I 've traveled 'n' lived in almost every part of the world, but couldn't get much time to live in Pakistan. The little time I 've lived in Pakistan 've attracted me alot to my Paki roots 'n' culture. Aug 14 1947 is the day when Pakistan came out of British occupation as an independent nation. So we enjoyed our Mother Pakistan's birthday. Here 're few celebration pics. I took few with my own cam 'n' some 're from my friends.

Paki flag is bein' raised in Ring Park.

With the raisin' of flag, a Paki girl is singin' Paki National Anthem.

People wavin' 'n' cheerin' after the National Anthem.

Pakies commin' to Ring Park, with Paki shirts 'n' flags.

Some American 'n' Canadian students commin' to the park 'n' they were welcomed with flowers.

Some White 'n' Black friends carryin' Paki flag.

Some crazy Pakies with flags on the car.

A guy outside of Park to welcome the people.

An English friend enjoyin' the Paki music with Paki Henna on her hands.

Paki guys beatin' the Paki drums (Dhol).

Paki guys singin' with Dhol beat 'n' enjoyin' Paki dance (Bhangra).

Paki guys playin' background Bhangra music.

Paki, Chinies 'n' American girls in Bhangra dance.

Girls from many different parts of the world, in Paki dress, enjoyin' Bhangra dance.

Paki pregnant cousin can't resist Bhangra music.

Paki, American 'n' English girls 'n' guys, in a Paki style pose.

My friend John from Dallas, in Paki clothes enjoyin' Bhangra music.

A nearest sports complex with a mega huge Paki flag.

Both of my uncles enjoyin' Bhangra, one was drunk 'n' my aunt didn't let him enter the house all night. LOL!

Ustad Billa Khan playin' the small Dhol. His music make everyone go crazy. We call him Billa Clinton. LOL!

There 're many more pics 'n' I don't think blogger 'll let me post more. We enjoyed alot 'n' I'm sure you all 're enjoyin' your time.

*Smiles*

10 Comments:

At August 15, 2006, Blogger Silvs said...

wow thanks for the pics! loved it!!

 
At August 16, 2006, Blogger Crashdummie said...

Hey Champ, totally awesome pics. Seems like you guyz had alot of fun!

So wicked that you guyz really celebrate it with a big dhamaka! Guess the next time I have to go to London or something :)

PS. You've nicknamed your friend Kitty Clinton? You really are mean! :p

 
At August 16, 2006, Blogger Sam!! said...

Great pics, u all must had a great time.... congrats for organizing such a wonderful event:)

Hope u doing fine there.

Takecare

 
At August 16, 2006, Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

STACY _ There, I'm glad you liked somethin' cultural. LOL!

SILVS _ Thankyou for takin' time dear.

CRASHY _ Now finally I'm sure about your South Asian background. LOL!

SAMRINA _ Yes dear! we did 've great time, now in our next Bhangra party you must be part of it.

God bless all of you......

 
At August 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmn.. acha acha... bhot acha! sach hai kiya pictures? lol! mazak!!

 
At August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hell no, I am gona tell ami about pregn picture.

 
At August 17, 2006, Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

ANONY _ God bless you....

STEPH _ You can finish your Bele first or Jessica 'll still lead you. LOL!

MICHELLE _ yes, just landed back to Earth. LOL!

SHAZIA _ Can't say "Hell yes".

KAVKIE _ Thankyou for your kind words. Do visit again 'n' there is alot you don't know about Paki fun.

God bless all of you.....

 
At August 18, 2006, Blogger Crashdummie said...

well champ, you can take a out from pakiland, but you can't take pakiland out from the girl ;)

 
At August 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these pictures were all taken in pakistan??...hmmm. see ya

 
At August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home